Powell Street Festival Society (PSFS) is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and harassment free festival experience for all participants, volunteers, and festival goers.
PSFS does not tolerate any physical, verbal or emotional harassment or discrimination. Everyone is welcome at our events and all participants shall be treated with respect and kindness.
Unwelcome remarks, jokes, or critiques about a person’s race, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, minority gender status, physical or mental ability, marital status, economic status, age, ancestry, appearance, or place of origin, etc. will not be tolerated.
Participants violating our harassment policy may be ineligible from participating in the future.
If you experience or witness any issues, the procedure is as follows:
- If reasonable and comfortable, tell the relevant individual(s) that the behaviour is unwelcome and request that the offensive behaviour cease.
- The complainant should keep a written record of the steps taken to alleviate the problem.
- If required, inform the Executive Director (ED) of your complaint. If it feels uncomfortable or unsafe to inform the ED, inform the Board President or Vice-President. If it feels safe, a staff member can assist with this process.
- Request an Incident Report Form from any staff member and deliver the completed form to the ED or Board President. The ED will log the incident and respond in an expedient manner.
- The Executive Director will keep a written record and will investigate in accordance to the Complaint Procedures. The Executive Board receives formal complaints and is kept abreast of the situation.
If the situation feels unsafe while the complaint is being reviewed, the Executive Board will decide how to proceed.