Welcome to Powell Street Festival 2015! If you missed the orientation, here are the essentials you need to know about volunteering for the Festival.
Movie: As long as I can remember by Lynda Nakashima
This short film gives a brief yet in depth glimpse of what to expect at the festival and the impact it has had on the community.
- There is no parking for volunteers! Please feel free to use our bike valet, or find your way by bus or walking.
- Sign in at the Volunteer Booth for your first shift of the day and sign out at the end of each day
- Food vouchers are given at the end of your day’s shifts, except in special circumstances (ie. split-shifts and all-day shifts)
- Bring a small bag to carry your necessities (including a water bottle), but do not bring valuables!
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: towards festival attendees, neighbourhood folk, your fellow volunteers, and all other beings.