Vancouver Japanese Language School and Japanese Hall is Now Hiring!
- August 21, 2015
The Vancouver Japanese ￼Language School and Japanese Hall (VJLS-JH) is seeking a skilled individual for the new position of General Manager of the Japanese Hall. The VJLS-JH is over one hundred years old and offers a wide variety of language and cultural courses, along with hosting numerous community events. The successful candidate will work closely with the Board of Directors, committees, and staff to promote the school and JH and its numerous programs.
Applicants should possess the following skills and abilities:
- ￼Fluency in spoken Japanese and English; ability to read Japanese an asset
- Experience working with non-profit organizations in a managerial capacity
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience in report writing and writing grant applications
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with community outreach, particularly in multicultural communities
- Experience with fund-raising
This new position will enhance the profile and growth of the VJLS-JH. Permanent residency or Canadian citizenship is required. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for application is SEPTEMBER 30, 2015. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.