The Zero Waste Challenge Project returns for its sixth year! Food utensils and dishes sold on site will be made of compostable materials. We encourage all Festival attendees to join in on the program, and ensure that they recycle and compost as much of their waste as possible on site at this year’s Festival.
TOP 5 WAyS OF CONTRIBUTING TO THE ZERO WASTE CHALLENGE!
- Compost all Powell Street Festival food and foodware purchased at the Festival.
- Recycle all your bottles and cans!
- Avoid contaminating our compostable bins with non-Festival foodware waste.
- Carry your own water bottle; you can purchase a limited edition PSF bottle! And fill up at our Pure and Fresh Tap Water Station!
- Ride your bike, walk, or take public transportation to the Festival (use the Free Bike Valet service)!
The Powell Street Festival Society extends special thanks to BSI Biodegradable Solutions for their enthusiastic support of our Zero Waste Challenge.