Looking for Fundraising Committee Members
- Society News
- October 15, 2014
We are looking for dynamic, eager and committed new members to join the Society’s Fundraising Committee.
The Fundraising Committee engages in the following:
- Supports and develops annual individual donation campaign(s)
- Engages in corporate and community networking and solicitation
- Assists in developing, planning and producing special/gala fundraising events
- Develops fundraising packages and database
- Researches individuals and organizations to be targeted for fundraising solicitations
- Actively participates in promoting the Society through networking possibilities
- Assists in developing annual report
- Assists in ensuring and maintaining donor recognition
- Aids in the identification and development of public funding sources
The Fundraising Committee is key to ensuring that the Society achieves its financial goals in order to fulfill its mission of cultivating Japanese Canadian arts and culture to connect communities. See the outline of our vision, mission and values here: http://www.powellstreetfestival.com/about/
Skills & Experience
Prior experience is an asset, but not mandatory. The committee welcomes individuals with experience in sponsorship solicitation, event coordination, individual fundraising, silent auctions, formal donor and gift solicitation, and marketing.
Benefits & Recognition
Committee members are provided with opportunities to network with artists, art-loving professionals, and members of the Japanese Canadian and Asian Canadian communities, and are listed on our society website: www.powellstreetfestival.com.
There are also opportunities to attend PSFS’ productions and presentations, and activities related to PSFS’ annual programming.
Deliverables / Duties
• 2 year commitment
• Active participation and attendance at a minimum 8 out of 8 meetings/year
• Support and development of the PSFS’ fundraising goals
Number of Volunteers Required
Approximate Position Start Date
Approximate Position End Date
3 hours per month
Time & Day of Volunteer Engagement
410 – 111 West Hastings Street, Vancouver V6B 1H4
For more information or to apply, please contact
Photo from 2012 Sake Social Fundraiser by Chisaki Muraki-Valdovinos