The Powell Street Festival Society (PSFS) is pleased to present its inaugural partnership with the Artist in Residence Yamanashi (AIRY) program. This artist-run initiative, based in the mountainous region of Yamanashi, Japan, focuses on cultivating community, connections, and work between artists from Japan and abroad. Artists in this program are provided accommodation, studio space, local outreach opportunities, and a final exhibition. PSFS will cover airfare, residency fees, and offer a per diem for eligible applicants. Applications will be open from Sept. 1 to Oct. 15, 2019.
- Applicants must identify as Japanese–Canadian
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to participate in the residency for the full duration — one month in April 2020
- CV should demonstrate at least 2 years of artistic practice; all genres of art are welcome
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
More information on the program, accommodations, and accessibility can be found here.
Please attach the following to your submission.
- this completed form
- a one-page letter of intent (description of project)
- a CV (no more than 2 pages)
- 3-5 samples of work (larger files to be sent via weblink)