Getting to the Powell Street Festival
The Powell Street Festival takes place in Oppenheimer Park and surrounding areas in Paueru Gai (Powell Street), centered around the 400 block of Powell St. between Dunelvy and Jackson Ave.
PSF is located near the Alexander St. Cycling Route, and a free bike valet operated by B.E.S.T. is available. Ride your bike and check it in to one of two sites on the Festival Weekend:
- Alexander St. (south side), east of Jackson Ave.
- South side of Oppenheimer Park, facing Cordova St., (west of Jackson Ave.)
By Public Transportation
Many Vancouver bus routes stop at or near the Festival, or walk or bike from one of two SkyTrain stations
- Bus routes 003, 007, 209 stop at WB Powell St. @ Jackson Ave (stop 50515) and EB Cordova St. & Dunlevy Ave. (stop 50426)
- Bus routes 14, 16, 20 stop at WB E. Hastings @ Jackson (stop 50506) and EB Hastings @ Gore (stop 50935) and are a short walk to the festival
- 17 minute walk from all lines at Waterfront Station
- 20 Minute walk from Expo Line at Stadium-Chinatown
Check TransLink for all options, to plan your trip, or for service advisories
Parking near the Festival is limited. As we are expecting large crowds this year, we encourage those who are able to walk, cycle, take public transport, or carpool when possible.
1 & 2-hour metered and free parking is available on some streets surrounding the festival. Check road signs, as restrictions apply on Saturday.
Nearby Parkades & Parking lots
A non-exhaustive list of pay parking in the area
- Alexander Centre – Lot #645
611 Alexander St, Vancouver, BC V6A 1E1
- 437 E Hastings St Parking
437E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6A 1P5
- 205 Main & Powell-No.5 Orange – Lot #42
205 Main St, Vancouver, BC V6A 2S7
- Impark Parking Location #1216
101 E. Waterfront Road, Main St, Vancouver, BC V6A 4K3
- 104 E Cordova St Parking
104 E Cordova St, Vancouver, BC V6A 1K9
- 134 Powell St Parking
Address: 134 Powell St, Vancouver, BC V6A 0B2
Hospitality and Security members help to ensure everyone feels safe and welcome throughout the festival weekend. If you witness or experience distress or discrimination at the Festival, this team can assist with de-escalation and accessing resources. Hospitality and Security volunteers are always walking the site and can be called by any volunteer or staff member carrying a radio.
Find a Volunteer or Staff member with a radio or go to the Festival info booth which is located in the park opposite the fieldhouse. For feedback or other concerns, do not hesitate to contact us via email at info [at] powellstreetfestival.com, contact the office at 604-808-0054.