Job Opportunity: IT Assistant
Temporary, through March 31, 2022
Powell Street Festival Society seeks a dedicated team player for the position of IT Assistant. This temporary position is a full-time position (35 hr/week) and will start as soon as possible and end March 31, 2022.
Working with the PSFS staff and 3rd party consultants the IT Assistant will play an active role in PSFS Digital Archive project, Matsuri database and Volunteer Shift platform development and maintenance.
- Completing the Digital Archive project;
- Assisting the PowerApps flows to integrate Matsuri and Volunteer Shifts;
- Assisting with the data management and development of best practices for PSFS online platforms;
- Assisting with the implementation of PSFS’s Technology Policies;
- Assisting with day to day administrative tasks.
The IT Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to handle a multifaceted group of dedicated volunteers.
- The position requires exceptional organizational skills.
The position requires an ability to work with a computer and screen full-time.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, PowerApps and Excel is an asset but is not a requirement.
- Specific experience with, or knowledge of, non-profit organizations and/or the national and local Asian Canadian arts scenes, the mainstream arts community, and of the operations of non-profit societies is an asset.
Applicants must be eligible for the Digital Skills for Youth Program:
- post-secondary graduates, who are up to 30 years, or younger, at the start of the internship;
- legally entitled to work in Canada (ONLY candidates with Canadian citizenship, Permanent Resident status or person who has been granted refugee status); and,
- self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education, outside their field of study, or hold part-time employment.
For more details, remuneration information, and application instructions, please read the following PDF document: